cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 migration - overseas

turnerd1
Joining in

Hello, how do I get Virgin to migrate my mobile when I am in and out of the country please. 

3 REPLIES 3

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Turnerd1,

Thanks for posting this question on our Community Forums! 

The answer to your question is simple, however it may not be ideal for you if you're out of the country at the time. 

It is much better if you stay within the UK whilst the migration happens, if you're not on our home network, the migration may not be processed and will need to be delayed by a month. T

In some cases you will require a new SIM card from O2, which will be delivered to your UK address. You will need to insert the SIM in order to complete the migration to O2.

We're unable to tell you if you would need a SIM as that aspect is handled by O2. 

So it's recommended that you stay in the UK whilst the migration completes. 

For any further questions about the migration, please check here for a full breakdown 👉 VM to O2 Migration.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Megan_L

Unfortunately not possible back out of the country from 13th Sept until mid Dec. 
I did speak to Virgin CS advising dates in UK but they were not helpful. I would have hoped they could have migrated my number across knowing I was in UK presently. 

Hi Turnerd1,

Thanks for coming back to me, I am sorry that it's not ideal for you 😥

I am afraid there is no way to trigger the migration on a day more suitable as it has to be on a day that Virgin Mobile's and O2's systems have already set. 

Megan_L