Menu
pllb
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

New 4G sim - no internet access

I recently received a new 4G sim and porting number went fine, but despite having a full signal and 4G cannot access the internet. Testing the network on the phone just gives a 'no internet connection' message.

APN info:
Name: Virgin Media
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: User
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mms/virginmobile.co.uk:8002
MMS proxy: 193.30.166.2
MMS port: 8080
MCC: 234
MNC: 30
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,supl,mms
APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6

Phone is Xiaomi mi5s, I was originally worried that there might be some compatibility problem, but VM uses the EE network, right? And my old EE sim just dropped in with 4G, no problem.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: New 4G sim - no internet access

Hi pllb

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry about the issues you're having using 4G data on this device.

While this device isn't directly supported on our network, we would expect there to be compatibility if you've tested it with EE as we run off the back of their network (as you know).

What I'd suggest if possible is to test the Virgin Media SIM in another handset (ideally one that is already happily connecting to the internet with a Virgin Media SIM). This will just quickly rule out any local network or provisioning issues that could be causing the problem.

I would also check a few diagnostics on the handset, including re-setting up the APN profile, rebooting the handset, disabling the 4G option (in network settings) to see if any of these makes a difference.

Also, the APN information you've included above looks incomplete, it should also include:

APN - goto.virginmobile.uk
Username - user

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos