Menu
Abdi1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

My sim

I ordered a nano sim yesterday for my new phone and when I had received it I sent a text message through my old normal sim to make the switch and now the old one no longer works and my new sim isn't activated or hasn't started up yet. Can this be checked for me please.
The number is **********************

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. To send a Private Message (PM) please click the Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My sim

Not via the Forum. You'll have to phone VM Mobile on 0345 6000 789 on a landline. And I have asked the Mods to remove your phone number. This is a public forum. Do you really want to get weird calls??

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My sim

OK, have you reset the new phone/sim since the old one went dead?

When I swapped mine, I had to reset the new phone/sim to get the sim to work in the phone. Old sim went dead, and waited 20 minutes or so after it did, then did the reset. All then worked OK.

Either turn phone off & wait a couple of minutes before restarting, or do a battery pull. This re-sets the phone, and allows it to pick up the 'new' signals from the now 'activated' sim.

If this doesn't work, then you need to contact VM. 

Hope this helps.Smiley Happy

0 Kudos