Menu
owenp22
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Data Abroad

Hello,

I am going abroad on the 4th August and I am taking my iPhone 4s. I have 2GB of mobile data that I use over here in England, but how do I go about using mobile data once I am over in Mallorca, Spain? Am I able to just use my British mobile data without charges, or will I get charged Virgin's ridiculous rates?

Please can somebody help,

Thank you,

Owen

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Data Abroad

You need to have roaming activated on your account (it seems then you may have problems judging by many posts on here)

You will not be able to use your home allowance and will either have to by a roaming package or put up with Virgin rates.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Data Abroad

Hi Owen,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

You'll need to check whether roaming is enabled on your account. If you're on pay monthly this is usually switched off to avoid any unwanted charges.

You can now enable this via your online account. Please click here to log in and follow these steps:-
Online account > Plan and device > Manage services > Going abroad

You'd also need to make sure data roaming is activated on the handset if you want to use mobile data abroad. Please click here and follow these steps:-
Network > How do I turn data services and data roaming on/off?

Any allowances you have are for UK use only. If you want to use mobile data you'd need to purchase an EU data pass. Details of this can be found here.

I hope this covers everything for you. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos