Menu
ZainulSelar
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Lost my SIM card (contract)

Hey guys.
I am currently on holiday in India and I have lost my SIM card. I will be back in the UK on the 25th of August and was wondering whether I can get a new sim card and keep my old number? I am on a monthly contract and want to know if I can get a replacement SIM with the same number? I was also wondering how do I go about getting a replacement SIM?
I would also like to say that I'm pretty sure the virgin sim doesn't work in India? What can I do to block the sim and what number should I call?
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost my SIM card (contract)

Hi ZainulSelar,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear you've lost your SIM card whilst on holiday in India.

You can get a replacement SIM card and you'll keep the same number. The old SIM card will be blocked so it cannot be used anywhere.

Your SIM card may work in India if roaming was activated. Were you able to use it? If it showed no service on your handset then it won't work.

I can see you've also posted here. Even though you don't know the password they should still be able to ask other security questions like bank details and address etc. I definitely recommend contacting them again.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos