Menu
tamsin0720
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Issue using Travel Pass

Hi,

I bought a 50MB travel pass just before boarding my flight to Athens from the UK on Thursday morning. I did this over the phone as texting 23456 only brought up error messages. Not a problem, the phone rep did it very quickly and I immediately received a text confirming that my pass was active.

However on reaching Greece and switching on my phone data I couldn't get an internet signal. I've tried multiple times over the past three days but no joy. I've also tried doing a hard reboot and switching carriers to see if that helps, but sadly not! I have an iPhone 4S using iOS8 so the pass should be working.

The other thing is that I've tried to text 23456 with STATUS to check if the pass has actually been used but all I get in response is a text with instructions on how to buy.

I tried calling the 789 team this morning but the call failed.

I've only got three days of holiday remaining now so would really appreciate advice on how to get this working or else a refund!

Very best wishes,

Tamsin
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issue using Travel Pass

Hi Tamsin,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear you've been unable to access your EU data pass since you landed in Greece. I understand you were expecting this to work.

It sounds like you didn't switch data roaming on from inside the handset. This is different from turning mobile data on as standard. This gives you the ability to use data abroad.

You can check this by following these steps:-

Settings > Mobile Data > Data Roaming

I appreciate you only had 3 days left but there has been a delay in getting back to you due to the recent holidays. To get a refund on this you'd need to contact the team on 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos