Menu
Daveyoung
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Internet over usage

Got bill saying I used £16 to much Internet during December £1.00 every day yet have mobile data turned off so can not use Internet only wifi .phone virgin told phone running applications ,had phone for six month first time extra bill yet nothing extra on phone ,customer service yet again no help just kept saying applications running couldn't explain what applications or how when mobile data is off yet adamant it was this reason went over allowance ,never asked for credit limit only wanted £5.00 sim but virgin gave £100 limit and get this credit limit dropped 

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet over usage

Hi Daveyoung

Sorry that you have had a few issues. Ill try and clear a few points for you today

As for the data issue. (Depending what phone you have). There is a section on the phone that shows u the data amount and what application was used. All smartphones use "background" data whereby the phone would use data in the background to check for updates i.e. emails etc.

Our systems would track the amount of data used and is taken from the data allowance
if you put the make and model then we can try and assist you where to find this.

as for the credit limit on the account

the LOWEST we allow is £50 , this is the business rule and cannot be lowered below this. Customer services can assist in lowering the limit to this value

HOWEVER,

Please do not use the credit limit as a budgeting tool or rely on this limit to restrict services. The credit limit may not suspend servces at this value and you make exceed charges higher than the value set but you would still be liable for all charges regardless of the limit

This is mentioned within your agreement with us ( our service agreement )

hope this helps
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos