cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete transfer to O2 mobile

lemming12
Joining in

I was due to be transfer to O2 overnight on the 4th October. I woke to an email saying the transfer had not been successful but that I didn't need to do anything, you'd keep trying. I was later informed that my Virgin contract would be cancelled as of 1st November, I therefore assumed that the transfer had occurred as planned.  On the 1st November, I was cut off with no mobile service.  

I called customer service who told me my only option was to have my original number resurrected but that this could take 7 - 10 days.  They offered to connect me to 02 so that O2 could provide me with a temporary SIM.  I declined the optional SIM as I do not want an additional number, I need to retain my original number.  I therefore agreed to wait for the number to be resurrected but asked for a manager to contact me as I was not impressed by the lack of service.

Three and a half weeks later, I tried to contact customer services to ask why nothing had happened.  After 45 minutes on hold I was informed that it may take up to 2 months for my number to be resurrected as you'd been having lots of problems.  I again stated that this was not acceptable and was then cut off.  After a further 60 minutes of being on hold I gave up.

I'm now over three and a half months later, still with no update or contact from Virgin, no resurrected number and therefore no phone service.  I cannot use any of your online enquiry services as I no longer have a virgin account so therefore cannot log in and I spend hours on hold to customer service with nobody answering or no-body able to help when they do eventually pick up.  I'm beyond frustrated and will be raising a complaint to Ofcom if this is not resolved by the end of this week.

Laura

1 REPLY 1

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @lemming12 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with the migration and I can understand how frustrating this must be. I would be happy to look into this with you further via a private message. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.