Menu
Trevor8
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

In Spain, but iPhone won't work. Connected to orange network, but won't let me call. What can I do?

I am in Spainbut didnt think to contact virgin before leaving. I got a welcome message, but am now connected to Orange but any time I try and make a call it says I cannot. It says to ring 470 but then won't let me ring the number. What can I do to be able to make and receive calls?

thanks

trevor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: In Spain, but iPhone won't work. Connected to orange network, but won't let me call. What can...

Hi Trevor8,

Welcome to the forumSmiley Happy thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty making calls in Spain.

Please check your roaming is active when you log into Your Account .

Click on plan and device > Click the tab manage services.

Make sure roaming is set to on here. If it isn't move the slider to on and click update. This will present you with a green success message. It may take up to 24hrs for this to go live on your account.

Important > You will also need to check the call barring option to stop calls abroad isn't set to on.

Once you have activated roaming try the following steps:

Turn your phone off and then back on again

Go into your phone settings and select a network manually.

Try removing your phone’s battery, while it’s still switched on – this helps reboot it and find a local network

If after these steps you are still experiencing difficulties give our mobile team a call on +447953967967 from a roaming handset or land line so we can take a further look into this for you.

Let me know how it goes.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos