Menu
dbay133
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

I cannot get my mobile phone to connect to a network in Spain

Hi

I am in Alcudia, Majorca and cannot connect to a network so have no phone.  I haven't had a service since I arrived at Palma airport on Sunday.  Both my phone and my wife's phone have the same problem.

International roaming is set up, I have checked it online and I have completed the other suggestions found in this forum, e.g. hard reset, manual connection but nothing works.  The message received from a manual connection is 'unable to connect, try again later'.  I tried disabling the roaming and resetting it, but again no change.

I tried to contact through the web chat but all I get is 'all our agents are currently busy. please try again later'.

The farce of this is that I have a PAYG through Virgin that has connected to Orange however this is an emergency phone and the number is not shared with my contacts.

I am now really frustrated at not having a phone and not being able to contact someone at Virgin unless I use another phone and pay charges.  

Can someone resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: I cannot get my mobile phone to connect to a network in Spain

Hi Dbay133,

Welcome to the Forum Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you're unable to get signal in Spain. Our team on the phone will have to pass data protection over the phone to fix this for you.  Give them a call on 789 from the Pay as You Go phone and they'll get this all sorted for you. It'll cost £2 for the whole call from the Pay as You Go handset.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos