cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced transfer to O2 just a few days before going overseas

twinflameskiss
On our wavelength

Received an email yeterday saying I am forcibly being transferred to O2 on July 9th, and how if there are issues O2 will post out a replacement sim card. This is just a few days before i go overseas for 10 days so I wont be here to recieve it if there are issues. Which means I risk not being able to access all sorts of important things like banking, or any 2FA sites, where they text you a pin code.

I rang Virgin Media customer support (and get people in the Phillipines) to ask if I could be delayed 2 weeks, and basically, they abruptly said tough, cant be changed, and offered no alternative. The Line Manager I spoke to was rude and I said I may just leave Virgin altogether and she just offered me my PAC code to leave. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE VIRGIN.

What a STUPID time of year to do this, during peak holiday season when so many are going overseas on holidays and not providing any way to delay it if inconvenient. I am going to go into a Virgin shop today and see what they say, but does anyone know if/how you can get this date changed? Have many been through a transfer and was it problem free and painless?

7 REPLIES 7

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @twinflameskiss thanks for your post although we're sorry to hear of the concerns raised.

There are no more Virgin Mobile shops available but as mentioned, we will migrate you over to the network at the date we suggest. If you are abroad however when we attempt the migration, this will be deferred to an alternative date and you'll get a text message to notify you of this.

Please don't worry as this is the case for a fair few customers due to the holiday season as you've suggested.

If you have any issues, please let us know going forwards.

Many thanks

Tom_W

twinflameskiss
On our wavelength

I lodged an official complaint about this as well and can you believe where you actually type out the content of the complaint the ',' (comma) character is an illegal character and not allowed? Dont Virgin realise it is a basic part of grammar?

Hi @twinflameskiss thanks for your reply.

We're sorry you feel this way, can you advise if you are impacted by any service issues at the moment? With the way our migration works, we don't anticipate any problems with impacts to your service.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom_W.

You didnt read my email properly. I said "This is just a few days before i go overseas". So I will be here on that actual date, but if there are issues and a new sim card needs posting out, as it says in the email I received from Virgin, there wont be any time to sort them out.

and how does this relate to making commas illegal characters in grammar?

Sounds like you just flicked off pre-written reply number 32 ?

Hi @twinflameskiss thanks for your reply.

I understand your concerns here but realistically, there will be little chance of the migration not working for you. However, if this is the case and you're worried about the O2 SIM not arriving in the post in time before you go away, then the fallback option is that you can visit any O2 shop, and they can supply you with a SIM Card in person, and ensure this works in your phone before you leave.

We hope this helps.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Just as a follow up and in relation to "there will be little chance of the migration not working for you"... 

1. the password O2 sent me to login didnt work (and I am 100% sure I typed it in right)

2. After going through resetting password, when I log in to 'myo2' all I get is "

It looks like something's gone wrong

We're looking into it and hope to get it fixed soon."

And before you point the finger at them... I count all of this as part of migrating my account to a company I didnt sign up for.