Menu
rosslynn14
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone use a data capping app?

My son has the £5 SIM with 500MB data. I have found out (the hard way!) that Virgin does not cap usage at 500MB, but then goes on to charge £2 per day for all excess usage.

I'm trying to find an app that will just stop his usage once he hits 500MB.  I can find plenty that send a warning/alert, but I can't find one that just cuts it out completely (preferably one that he can't override!!).  He is using an iPhone4s.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Does anyone use a data capping app?

500mb is not enough for a teen. You need to think about upgrading to at least 2gb
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Does anyone use a data capping app?

Hi rosslynn14

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear the extra charges you're incurring due to your son exceeding his allowances.

I regret there's no way for us to cap the usage at this time and we wouldn't be able to endorse any third party applications as we can't be responsible for any issues you may experience or any support you my need using them.

We do however make it really easy to monitor usage via the smartphone app 'My Account', by calling 789 or by accessing your account online here.

Your son can turn data off in the Mobile Network settings once they're running low to prevent extra charges.

In addition, by logging into your online account and selecting 'Plan and device' and the 'Change tariff', you can find a package that offers considerably more data for a little more money each month that may save you some cash in the long run.

Let us know how you get on with it.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos