Menu
Laura3
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Delayed SMS

Hi,

I have a Moto G phone. I'm not able to send or receive SMS messages straightaway.

They are delayed by hours at a time.

It never used to do this and my APN settings appear to be correct.

I have had my sim for a years, could this be the problem? If so, please could I be sent a new one?

If not, what can I do to speed things up?

Thank you,

Laura

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delayed SMS

Hi Laura3

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're noticing the texts sometimes won't send or receive from your handset right away.

Could you confirm if calls are affected in the same way, or are you able to make a call okay with the phone?

Do you notice the issue happening in one specific area, or is it anywhere you go?

It would be great if you could test your SIM in another phone and/or vice versa to try and pin down whether the fault appears to be related to the SIM or the handset.

Let us know how you get on with it.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delayed SMS

Further to Mark's response - is the delay with all numbers, just one, or a subset of numbers. If it's just a few, is there anything that might be affecting those numbers? For example are they all on a particular operating system that might be going through an update at the moment, or all they all on the same carrier, who might be having issues of their own.

0 Kudos