Menu
annro
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Data roaming not working abroad

Hi I have just returned from a holiday in Ireland. S4 worked fine until I crossed into Republic.I was then prompted to buy a European data pass which I did but despite this my phone would not connect. I phoned customer services who checked all roaming was switched on, but the only data I could connect to was within hotels while linking to their WIFI. This was a major inconvenience while driving and unable to use Google Maps etc. I did have O2 IRL and METEOR displaying on top left corner and could make calls. Not sure whether the problem could be with the phone itself- tried usual fixes such as battery and sim removal etc. Unfortunately won't be able to check status until abroad again and don't want to replace phone if not the problem?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data roaming not working abroad

Hi annro,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear you were unable to use your EU data pass whilst in Ireland.

Did you have data roaming enabled on the handset itself? This is commonly overlooked and could be the cause of your problem.

Please follow these steps:-

Settings > More Settings > Mobile Networks > Data Roaming.

I know this may not be helpful now as you've already returned but it'd be good to know for future use.

I hope this helps. Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos