Menu
Catenewnes
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Data connection when travelling abroad

I have a data only sim for my iPad. I am on holiday in France and phoned virgin before I left to ensure I could use my iPad for data whilst travelling. I agreed to buy a data pass and the operator said it would work after 24 hours. It doesn't work. Keep getting the message "you are not subscribed to a mobile data service."

I have tethered my iPad to my mobile to try to sort this out. I then tried to go online to my account and check the settings, but I can't remember my password, so I used the password reset procedure. However, the promised text doesn't come through.

I then looked at the online forums and rebooted. This doesn't work either. I haven't tried taking the battery out as suggested, don't think apple let you do this

Very frustrating, I need to get some work done on holiday and I don't know how much I've now spent on my mobile bill (not Virgin luckily).

Judging by other posts in this forum, I'm not the first to experience this.

Cate

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data connection when travelling abroad

Hi Catenewnes,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your mobile data while abroad. Is this working for you now?

If you would like for me to look into this for you, please let me know. I'll send you a private message requesting more details via private message. Just click on the envelope icon to view the PM.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos