Menu
Jaseu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Data Roaming

Hi all. I am currently a pay monthly mobile user from the UK Roaming in the US.  I have been able to connect to AT&T network and send/receive text messages and voice calls, however data roaming will not work at all.  I get the error message that I am not subscribed to an internet service. 

I am using an iPhone 5S and have switched data roaming on the handset. I have also turned off the phone completely and restarted it. Nothing seems to correct the problem. 

Is there anything else anyone knows what I should be doing please?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data Roaming

Hi Jaseu

Normally Data roaming wouldn't be automatically be provisioned to use abroad because of the potential charges people could incur

I would recommend calling the team to get this checked out

The charge per 1MB = £5

Id recommend trying to find a Wifi hotspot to save yourself a few pennies Smiley Happy

If you still want this activated then you can call the team on
+44 7953 967 967

Hope this helps

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
Jaseu
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the response.
I was aware that data roaming needed to be switched on and I specifically asked the team to switch it on when I needed help setting up voicemail and was calling them at that time. They said on the phone it was activated and to switch off my data roaming on my phone to avoid high and unnecessary charges.

So it would be disappointing if this wasn't activated at that time, as requested. I'm aware it's costly but sometimes it is really helpful, or necessary even.

If this cannot be activated without making a phone call to the team I will try managing without as that call will also cost £1.50 a minute which I don't feel would be a fair charge to incur, given it should already work.

Thanks for your answer though. If it can be activated online then I would be able to do that on wifi for free! If you know a way to do that, I would be grateful if you let me know.

Many thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jaseu,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having so much trouble with data roaming. I want to do everything that I can to get this sorted for you.

I've sent you a PM detailing the next steps. You can view this by clicking on the purple envelope on the top right of the page.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos