cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report mark against my name

Tomshap
Joining in

Hello.  I hope you can help as I am getting absolutely nowhere with the Virgin Media or Mobile helplines and email communications. 

I am looking into getting a substantial loan in my name and checked my Credit Rating/Report as advised by my financial advisor. So I noticed there was a £15 red mark against my name from Virgin Media. I thought this was strange as my bills are always paid on time every month and have been for the 15+ years I've been with you. So I phoned up Virgin and it turns out the £15 was for a Virgin Mobile issue.  I've Never had a Virgin Mobile phone , account , sim card or any other mobile contract. I've had the same Mobile phone number for about 20 years now but never used Virgin Media. ......as my credit report shows as my phone contract suppliers are shown clearly on there. 

So after a good half an hour of searching for a mobile account in my name , they came to the conclusion that I've never had anything from Virgin Mobile and were very apologetic. Which was fine and lovely. They said they would remove the £15 against my name on my Credit report and clear it from the records.  This hasn't happened and after a month or so I was getting worried and frustrated that they didn't bother doing anything in the end and just ignored the request.

So I phoned them back , with no record of me calling and them agreeing to do what they said. This time they couldn't wait to get me off the line and palm me off with the Resolution email address for whom I would have to contact to get the matter sorted. So I messaged them quote a few weeks ago now mentioning pretty much what I've just said above with a few other derails as well. They got back to me a couple of times , but then just said I'd have to phone up the mobile helpline as they couldn't approve the credit write off approach I was promised. I said they told me to email here ?!? But they said I needed to contact them by phone.  

So I have and guess what.....they told me to email the resolution centre to get the situation sorted. You can guess what happened next , a very short message to say I needed to phone up the Mobile helpline !!!!!!!

Can someone please help , the whole thing is stressing me and the family out and we just need it sorting please ASAP.   I even said I'd give them £15 now if that would help clear the account. The Resolution team now seem to be totally ignoring me. 

Can you please help or point me in the direction to someone who can 

4 REPLIES 4

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Tomshap.

Thanks for your post.

Sorry you first post on our Community was not on better terms.

Regarding the credit mark, This is one of the things we are unable to resolve here.

We can point you in the right direction though.

You'd need to speak to the Credit Amendments Team. Pop them a letter or email with the following information:

Name

Account Holders Name

Full Address where you had the services

A photo or screenshot showing the Virgin error on your credit file

Contact details for yourself

They will investigate this and come back to you within 28 days.

The contact options are:

By post at: Consumer Underwriting, Virgin Media, Eagle Court 3, Coventry Road, Sheldon, Birmingham, B26 3RZ

Or via Email: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

Hope that helps, Sorry we are unable to assist with this.

Gareth_L

Hi and thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I sent all my details , screenshot of credit report etc to the email you have listed above....over a month ago now. That's when all the responses were to contact the other customer service team , then they said to try the phone line again. I know Wimbledon is on atm , but this back and forth is like a long rally and it's getting me nowhere. 

If you are saying try them again , are there any alternatives to that ? 

Thanks

Tom

Hi Tomshap.

Sorry that you were advised that, 

From here there is not much we can do to assist from here as it is beyond our support scope.

Gareth_L

Hi Tomshap, 

I have the exact same issue. Did you have any luck resolving this?