Menu
busheypark
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Changing from standard sim to micro-transferring number

I have a sim only deal with Virgin and recently changed phones.  New phone takes micro sim so I ordered one from Virgin which is now in the new phone.  I thought I read somewhere you can transfer your number from your old standard sim to the new micro one online.  Is that true and if so how?  I did ring 789 to ask this question but it took half an hour on hold to have the person who finally answer hang up on me.  This must happen a lot but there must be an easier way than porting to a new provider and back again?  Or trying to phone Virgin?  Any help welcome-cheers.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing from standard sim to micro-transferring number

Hi busheypark,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum. Apologies for the time it's taken to respond to your post. You don't require a number transfer, all we need to do is order you a replacement micro SIM card and it'll be setup with your number. You'll have to pay for shipping, which is £0.99p for delivery within 3 to 5 working days, or £2.99 for next day delivery.

Please let me know if you would like me to order you a replacement SIM card, or give us a call on  789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone). We do not have a contact email address for Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media. All of our contact details are online on Contact Us (also found at the very bottom of this page in the small print).

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos