Menu
Lenartrick
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cannot use phone abroad

Went to Germany 4 weeks ago after having overseas connections activated. Could NOT get a connection. Rang virgin and was told it was too late to do anything. My wife and I were fuming and felt stupid amongst our friends. Came back and blasted Virgin and got an apology. Came to Italy 3 days ago and NO CONNECTION.
I state emphatically that VIRGIN is operated by a load of shysters who have been taught to lie about nearly everything. I am sick to my f....... teeth of this awful company. Even their overseas help number doesn't connect. Hotel reception tried a number of times. The minute I return I just want to get rid of this joke company. Even a person in customer service told me that they had loads of dissatisfied customers who couldn't connect and even he himself couldn't whilst on holiday. I am advising to quit this useless mobile company and will spread the word as much as I can. To not to be able to connect Un this modern world is absolutely ridiculous. You have been warned. Anybody else out there please spread the world on this joke of a company.

Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot use phone abroad

Hi Lenartrick,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear your having difficulties using your phone abroad. Appreciate your frustrated with this

As you are not able to connect to the local carrier it may indicate roaming is not active.

I would check roaming is active when you log into Your Account.

Click on plan and device

Click the tab manage services.

Make sure roaming is set to on here. If it isn't move the slider to on and click update. This will present you with a green success message. It may take up to 24hrs for this to go live on your account.

You can also check the call barring option to stop calls abroad isn't set to on.

You could also try the following steps if roaming is on:

Turn your phone off and then back on again

Go into your phone settings and select a network manually.

Try removing your phone’s battery, while it’s still switched on – this helps reboot it and find a local network

Just to make sure you are trying to contact us on the correct number you would need to dial +447953967967 to get hold of us from abroad.

Let me know how it goes.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos