Menu
55brianb
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cannot connect to WiFi on London Underground

A year on and I'm still unable to connect to Virgin's London Underground WiFi, this time on my Android phone - Moto G3.  Again my iPhone on EE connects automatically, perfectly every time, so what's the problem with Virgin?

My login details are correct but your webpage entry tells me in a yellow box that it's unable to connect me.  this is at EVERY station I have tried.

Really peed off with this now and really seriously considering giving Virgin the elbow...

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot connect to WiFi on London Underground

It's important that you follow the steps laid down here as they apply.

Connecting is really simple. The first time you connect to WiFi on the London Underground, you'll need to be inside the entrance to a WiFi enabled station. Next, you'll need to make sure WiFi is turned on on your device.

Once you have WiFi turned on, you'll automatically be taken to the Virgin Media Portal page. Here you'll see icons for Virgin Mobile, Virgin Broadband, EE, Vodafone, O2 or (if you're not with any of these providers) Pay As You Go. Just click on the one you want to use.

If you're with Virgin Mobile, Virgin Broadband, EE, Vodafone or O2, you'll need to enter some of your customer details the first time you use the WiFi service, so make sure you have these to hand.

The details you'll need to enter depend on which provider you're with:

Virgin Media Broadband: you'll need your 'My Virgin Media' email address and password
Virgin Mobile: you'll need your Virgin Mobile 'Your Account' email address and password
EE, T-Mobile and Orange: you'll need to send a text message to 9527. You will get a password in a text message reply and you need to enter this password along with your mobile phone number
Vodafone: you'll need your My Vodafone account username and password
O2: you'll need to be registered for O2 WiFi and have your O2 phone number
If you're registering for a Pay as You Go WiFi Pass, you'll need to enter your email address and choose a password in order to set up a WiFi Pass account for the first time. You'll then need to buy a WiFi Pass to get access to the internet.

For full details on how to connect on your device, see the instructions below. For more information about Virgin Media WiFi, check What is Virgin Media WiFi.

How do I connect using my iPhone / iPad?

1. Tap Settings on you iPhone or iPad’s home screen.
2. On the Settings screen, tap Wi-Fi.
3. Make sure that Wi-Fi is set to On.
4. Tap Virgin Media WiFi in the list of networks under Choose a Network.
If you can’t see Virgin Media WiFi in the list of networks, check that Virgin Media WiFi is enabled in that station by clicking here.
5. When your iPhone or iPad is connected, you’ll see a tick by Virgin Media WiFi.
6. Open Safari to activate your device.

How do I connect using my BlackBerry?

1. Open "Manage Connections" from the main menu.
2. Select "Set up a Wi-Fi Network".
3. Follow the guide to "Scan for networks".
4. Once the scan is finished, select "Virgin Media WiFi" from the list of available networks.
5. When the BlackBerry has connected, click to save the network details and then open the "Browser" to activate your device.

How do I connect using my Android phone or tablet?

1. Open "Settings" within the main menu and select "Wireless and networks".
2. Make sure that WiFi is turned on and select "Wi-Fi" settings.
3. At the bottom of the page will be a list of available WiFi networks. Select "Virgin Media WiFi" from the list.
4. Once the device has confirmed that it is connected, open the "Internet" icon to activate your device.

How do I connect using my laptop with Windows 7?

1. Click on the Windows icon in the bottom left hand corner of the screen and click on "Control panel".
2. Click on "Network and Sharing Centre".
3. Click on "Set up a new network connection".
4. Follow the wizard to search for and connect to the "Virgin Media WiFi" network.
5. Once connected, open your browser to activate your device.

My WiFi device isn’t listed above. How do I connect?

Please see your device’s user manual for specific instructions on how to connect to a WiFi network.

What if "Virgin Media WiFi" is not found by my device?

If this happens, it's likely that you're not in an enabled station yet or that you‘re out of range of a Virgin Media WiFi access point.

Find out if a station has WiFi

If the station is enabled and you've tried connecting inside the station, try walking a few steps then search again for available WiFi networks.

0 Kudos
55brianb
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot connect to WiFi on London Underground

Have done all that, hence my post here.  But thanks anyway.

0 Kudos