Menu
Ironsengland
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Another Phone Not Working Abroad Thread

After numerous problems with all manner of virgin services I now find myself in what appears to be a common space for virgin mobile users.

I visited Germany last month with my wife leaving my kids at home, jump off the plane go to make a phone call and..................................nothing, nada, zip, zilch. Checked roaming was set to on when we left but hey when can you believe anything on a Virgin website . Got home 4 days later called virgin and given the same old flannel "turn your phone on and off next time" (that old chestnut).

Wife went to Lanzarote yesterday with her phone and feeling apprehensive about being able to contact me and the kids whilst she's away, turns her phone on at the airport and "hey presto".............nothing.

It seems that Virgin staff aim to rise to heights of incompetency other only dream about. The only thing Virgin can ever be relied upon to do is give users a inflation busting price rises every year. So my wifes in Spain, no mobile and having to rely on friends with phones attached to other networks to call us.

Joke of a company

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another Phone Not Working Abroad Thread

Hi Ironsengland,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that your wife is experiencing a problem with her mobile service while she's abroad. Has this been sorted out since your post?

If there's still a problem with this, please have a look at the following post, which contains more information about roaming: HELP GUIDE - Mobile Data Roaming for Pay Monthly / SIMO Customers or via our online Help & Support page: Using your Virgin Mobile abroad FAQs.

If you are still having a problem, please let me know and I can look into this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos