Menu
richard49
Up to speed
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Accessing mail through Gmail (problems)

I have a Motorola Moto G (4G) first generation phone through another mobile supplier but still have my virgin package for home phone and broadband.

On my phone I use Gmail for my mail and have it set up to receive (and send) both Gmail and Virgin Mail.

For the most part the connection to Virgin Mail works perfectly but every so often it has problems connecting and I constantly get mails stating that it couldn't connect to Virgin Mail.

Recently this has been going on for the past two days.

I am confused as to why my connection to Virgin Mail fails every so often as surely if it works for a long period of time without any problems then suddenly doesn't...... ?

Regards,

Richard

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Accessing mail through Gmail (problems)

Hi Richard

Sorry to hear about this issue, when you receive these errors the first thing we'd like to check is whether you've got a general network / data connection. 

If that's not the case, I'd recommend resetting your mail client up to see if that helps. If you're still experiencing the problem after doing that, I'd recommend saving the webmail (mail.virgin.net) link to your phone browser to login that way and check the servers are online, if it should go down for you again.

I hope this helps, I'd love to hear how you get on and I'll be here if you need any additional assistanceMan Happy

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide