Menu
nickjg
Just browsing
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

youtube unusable

Watching youtube on Tivo is at best frustrating, and often impossible. For several months the service completely disappeared, during which time there was no adequate explanation from Virgin, either to me personally or on any forum that I could find. When the service returned, it appeared to have been "upgraded", which appeared to mean the usual problems of stuttering and buffering were still present, but now with the added joy of - advertisements!

No stuttering or buffering happens on my HP laptop, or via chromecast, so it is clearly a Tivo issue. Tivo is clearly not as yet fit to provide the service of viewing youtube.

When asking for compensation Virgin's stock response appears to be that youtube is not part of my service agreement, when clearly youtube is advertised as part of the deal. This is a clear case of both mis-selling and appalling customer service. If you offer a service, and take money from customers, please make sure that the service actually works. The inadequate replies given here and elsewhere by Virgin actually add to the frustration.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: youtube unusable

Hi nickjg,

Thank for popping by. Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you're having a poor experience with YouTube at the moment and that you feel you haven't had adequate answers in the time YouTube hasn't been working fully.

When the App wasn't working for sometime we did have a fault that we were working with Google to resolve.  This in turn led to the latest App being produced.  We are aware that there's an issue with picture stuttering which we are working to fix at the moment.

We're keen to resolve this as soon as we can and when we know more we shall update.

I appreciate your patience.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos