Menu
piplees
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

tivo box will not start up

The starting up page comes on then the box shuts down and it keeps trying to reset itself every 5 minutes or so
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo box will not start up

It sounds as if it's died I'm afraid. Ring in and get an engineer. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo box will not start up

Hi there Piplees, 

I'd firstly like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you've had some issues with your TiVo® starting up. 

I've done some checks on the account and can see that since posting this message you've been able to call our faults department and a technician has been out and replaced the TiVo®. I know from personal experience that an unexpected TiVo® swap can be a real inconvenience due to the stuff that you lose. Hopefully you didn't have too many unwatched recordings. Whilst I'm unable to help you restore the recordings, I may be able to help you regain some of those series links and wishlists. If you go to http://virg.co/boxswap you can see how to get these transferred the details from your old box onto the new one - The server stores them for a little while after the box has been swapped out, so it may still be possible to do this.

Testing from this end shows that all seems to be in tip top shape at the moment, so I take it that all is working your end, if not please let me know. 

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos