Menu
Sprigglet
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

low pitched drumming and very slow menus? Normal??

We've recently moved from SKY and my first impressions are disappointment in the tivo box.  I thought it was going to be all singing and dancing, but the wait time moving from one channel to the next in the guide is infuriating... Can anything be done to make it more responsive?

On top of that, in the last 72 hours we've been hearing this low drumming noise, almost like dripping... just like Chinese water torture... gets right to your bones... anyway I've just found out where its coming from... the tivo box!!!  I turned it off and it stopped!!! Help!  I can't watch TV!  

Regretting swapping from SKY..... 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: low pitched drumming and very slow menus? Normal??

Hi Sprigglet,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointment with the TiVo® service.  I'd like to take a look and see if there's any fault that can be detected here that may be causing the issues you're having.

I have taken a look at your box remotely, all signal and power levels are fine.  I'd like to check something with you if that's ok?  If you wouldn't mind trying to change channel on the TiVo® by using the buttons on the front of the box itself.  Let me know if you get a similar response time as before.

Also if you can let me know if this happens all the time or if you've noticed if it happens at certain times of the day, that would be super.

In regards to the drumming sound, have you tried putting little foam cushions underneath?  This may help lower any possible vibration sounds that may be coming from the box.  Give this a try and let me know how you get on,  I'm here to help if you need me, please keep me posted.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos