Menu
Paul__H
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

iPlayer sound problem on TiVo

We have a newly installed TiVo, connected via HDMI to a Denon 5.1 amp and through to a Philips TV. Everything works perfectly apart from anything on BBC iPlayer, from which we have no sound.  Also, when we've accessed iPlayer this seems to "trip" the amp which then has to be switched off/on for sound to be restored on other channels.

Everything is fine when connect TiVo directly to TV (so can't really pin the blame on Virgin) but after any ideas how to resolve.  Have tried changing TiVo output between DD and PCM.

Any ideas?  Note this just affects iPlayer, not any of the other channels' OD services

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPlayer sound problem on TiVo

Hi there Paul__H, 

First of all I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with sound through your amp when watching iPlayer only. This is quite peculiar, and to be honest you've already tried something I was going to suggest by changing the output. So I am a little stumped on this. 

The obvious thing for me would be to suggest trying a different HDMI lead between the TV and amp and TiVo® and amp. Especially as you say it does seem to be tripping the amp from time to time. Another option you could try if available is running the HDMI from your TiVo to your TV, then a HDMI from your TV to your amp. The HDMI socket on your TV may be noted to feed your AMP, on some TVs and amps this is called an ARC socket - but on others it may be called something else, the HDMI between the TV and amp would use the ARC socket or it's equivalent. 

Please let me know if any of this helps. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos