Menu
Monades
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Why does iPlayer always start buffering when I am 10 or 15 minutes into a programme?

When I want to catch up with a programme that I missed and did not record, I usually turn to BBC iPlayer.  Typically I will do this on a weekday evening after 7.00pm although it may be in the afternoon at the weekend. I try to watch in HD because that is what I now expect. For months now, I have rarely succeeded in watching a programme without it failing through buffering.  If I resort to watching on a laptop using broadband there is no problem, and I can cable up my MacBook Pro to the TV and it will work but that it is not convenient most of the time.  It would seem that I am in an area where the capacity of the cable is insufficient to serve the users however Virgin maintain that capacity has to be exceeded for at least 5% of the week in order to take any further action. Apparently it is now only 3% this week but when I last spoke to an engineer ten days ago he acknowledged that it had exceeded 5%.  I would like to know if my area can be monitored for more than a week in order to see how often it exceeds 5%.  Also perhaps BBC iPlayer will not function properly when at 3% or at least less than 5%.  I understand that this is supplied as a free third party app but it is actually a very significant part of my television viewing use.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why does iPlayer always start buffering when I am 10 or 15 minutes into a programme?

Hi Monades, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with iPlayer. Are you getting the same issue on other apps on the TiVO® too?

I've tried to go into the account to take a look at this but have been unable to locate your account. 

I've sent you a private message requesting some information. Once I receive your reply I can help further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos