Menu
Geo00
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TiVo box with Xbox One - TiVo Box 'Freaking Out'

Hi,

We use our TiVo box through our Xbox One. We've been using it like this for a year or two. Recently there has been some issues with the setup.

Every now and then the box will light up all of it's lights (green, red and blue) and start resetting itself randomly. The first time it happened it seemed to sort itself out, but it's now happened again and all I get is a black screen.

I've just tried looping out the Xbox from the equation and the TiVo box seems to work fine directly into the TV. 

Has anyone had any trouble like this before? I realise it is the Xbox that has the issue, but thought others on this forum might have had the same issue.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TiVo box with Xbox One - TiVo Box 'Freaking Out'

Hi Geo00

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to learn about the trouble you're experiencing with your TV service lately.

From my understanding, the TiVo would connect to the Xbox as a passthrough and so wouldn't have it's power affected by the Xbox. With this in mind, there could be an issue with your set top box.

I've not been able to locate your account to run some tests on the box from our end for you unfortunately. So I can do that are you able to respond to the message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos