Menu
Delboy2
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Viewing in second room without an additional Tivo box

I had Virgin Media multi room (x2) installed yesterday to replace Sky.  Previously, I had an output from one of my Sky boxes to watch the channels in to a bedroom and change channels using their magic eye.  The cabling is still there but the engineer told me there is no second output from the Tivo Box.

Can I watch TV in a second room without buying an additonal (third) Virgin Medai box? 

Do I need any devices to do this?

Will changing channels being possible?

Best of all, is it possible wirelessly?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Viewing in second room without an additional Tivo box

Hi Delboy2,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

There is an option to have an additional set top box installed so you can watch the programmes you want.

As this is not the preferred option for you, there is our TV on the go which may be ideal.  This will allow you to watch your favourite shows home or away on various devices so this maybe a way around this.  It's at no extra cost so give it a bash.

In regards to the Magic Eye devices, I'm not particularly knowledgeable on this, but hopefully one of our community members can assist with this aspect.

I hope this is useful.  If you need anything, just give us a shout.  We're here to help.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ynysygwas
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Viewing in second room without an additional Tivo box

Hi

It is possible but a bit of a faff.. I have a scart to rf converter coupled to a Global Invacom TV link that has the old sky coax cable connecting to the bedroom and kitchen.

This takes the scart output from the tivo and enables it to connect, via the tv link, to the original sky cabling. The sky magic eye thing works as before. It just means extra wires and power supplies behind the tivo and is a bit messy. Mine are hidden from sight so not a problem.

The alternative would be a Video sender/receiver set but reception can be very poor with these things.

To be honest, assuming you only want extra tv in the bedroom and given the cost of a scart converter+TV link (got mine on Am**on.co.uk) at about 40 squid or video sender at similar or more cost I would, with hindsight, opt for an extra box at 6 pounds a month. The picture and sound quality will be better and less hassle than trying to connect the right plugs to the correct sockets and finding a spare mains socket for power supply.

The TV link gives two RF outputs, one powered like the sky box output for magic eye, and another for tv etc. Mine goes to the bedroom where I can change channels etc. and the unpowered output goes to the tv in the kitchen.