Menu
fad3duk
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo very very slow

Afternoon all,

I've been experiencing a very slow Tivo box the last few weeks and it seems to be getting worse

Some of the issues I have encountered:

• Start up can take up to 2 minutes from standby 
  • Pressing HOME, the interface goes black for a few minutes before it's loaded anything
  • Changing channels can be sluggish
  • When using the Ch + / - buttons on the remote it doesn't always respond right away and then catches up by skipping a load of channels
  • Navigation of any menu is very slow

Troubleshooting I have tried:

• Checked cables
  • Turned off the Tivo from the wall, waited a 5 minutes then started up again (I expect it to be sluggish here on the first boot up)

It's also starting to get quite hot when in use for a little while during the day

Regards,

Rob

--------
0 Kudos
Mr_K
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo very very slow

Ii is a very slow box, but shouldn't be that slow.  Rebooting can help a bit temporarily, but you've already tried that.

Ring it in as fault.  Response on the forum, like Tivo, can be slow.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey fad3duk

Welcoem to the Virgin Community, I'm so sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo box at the moment.

I've not been able to accurately locate your account using your forum information unfortunately. So I'm able to take a closer look would you be able to respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information?

You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
oldgit
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I also have this problem when navigating programmes.

0 Kudos