Menu
Clareo1974
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Tivo programmes sticking

Everything I record on my tivo box is sticking then jumping forwards or backwards making everything impossible to watch. Is there anything I can do or do I need to phone them (which I hate doing!!)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo programmes sticking

Hi Clareo1974,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your recordings aren't playing back very well.  I can see you have an engineer booked to call round and get this fixed for you.  It would be great to hear how you get on with the appointment afterwards so please keep me posted.

If it's only affecting recordings it is likely that the box may be replaced due to a hard drive error (If that's what the engineer’s findings are).  If this is the case then I wanted to let you know in advance that you can copy over settings relating to Series Links, Wish Lists and Thumbs Ratings over to the new box should a new one be installed. 

This will help save you a heap of time setting them all up again, you can find instructions on how to do this here: How to copy TiVo® settings

Sadly the recordings themselves will be lost, I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause if it's the case your box is swapped out.

Please let me know how you get on, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos