Menu
Grimble
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo never gets past "starting up..."

My Tivo is constantly "Starting up..." with just a green LED (power) and red LED (under 3rd "square" on the right-hand side).

Sometimes it restarts (no lights, then all lights incl. blue and white) and then sits at "Starting up..." again.

I've turned the box off at the back for a few minutes, but that didn't make any difference sadly.

I don't know how long it has been doing this (at least an hour though!) as we've not looked at the TV this morning, but the wife wants to watch the tennis now and it's broken Smiley Sad

Broadband and phone are fine. I'm hoping this can be fixed from the Virgin end rather than a box replacement?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo never gets past "starting up..."

If it is still not working nearly 2 hours after you have posted this issue you'll have to call the fault in or wait for a member of the Forum Team to pick it up and try to diagnose it remotely.

The box could have failed. It can now be replaced by VM sending you a new one as a self-install (in some areas I think). Otherwise it is tech visit.

Hope you have a Freeview service as back-up? Certainly for your wife's sake.

Welcome to the Forums.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo never gets past "starting up..."

Hi Grimble,

Thanks for coming by to us here and welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

I'm very sorry to hear about the TiVo not responding and not bringing it past the 'starting up' phase. 

I'd like to book and engineer out to you so I can help resolve this, I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little red envelope near the top left of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos