Menu
Mrhayward
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Tivo losing sound and picture.

My TiVo box keeps losing the sound and picture throughout the day, I have to wiggle the hdmi cable in the box for it to get going again. This only happens on the channel the TiVo is connected, (I've tried it on all 3 hdmi ports, using 3 different hdmi cables) so I'm certain it's a hardware problem rather then a signal problem.

Now, whenever I ring Virgin, they just tell me that the signal is fine which I know and to change a few settings which obviously won't work. I've tried telling them that I'm sure it's hardware but they won't have it.

How can I get it through to them that the problem is with the TiVo unit itself? I've had a really good experience with Virgin but this is getting really annoying now.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo losing sound and picture.

Hi Mrhayward,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting picture and sound drop outs lately.  I'll be happy to help get this sorted for you.

I have carried out some checks with the boxes remotely and whilst all does look great signal wise, I will be happy to arrange for an engineer to call out for you.  As you have checked different leads and sources too that does rule out a faulty lead to TV set HDMI socket.  

I will send you a private message with details of the next steps.  Look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos