Menu
MarGera332
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Tivo can't configure i.p address on new setup and router just flashing!

Hi Everyone

Wondered if anyone can help. My brother received his Virgin Media box this morning with the Router and Tivo and we were setting it all up, and when the Tivo goes through it's initial setup but can not configure the i.p address. The router keeps flashing as well once it is plugged in and turn on.

He has activated his line via telephone and also called the tech support which have said that they don't know why it isn't working, and will get an engineer out on Wednesday (Not a great first impression). The strange thing is is that he has just brought the house, and the people in the house before him had virgin media, so we can't see how it can be a problem with the line.

So just wondered if anyone has had the same issue, or if there are any suggestions that he can try?

Thanks for any help offered

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo can't configure i.p address on new setup and router just flashing!

Hi MarGera332

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read that the TiVo® and broadband is now working after installation.

I'm glad that you have called through to arrange for an engineer appointment to check this over for you.

If you are still experiencing any further issues, I would like to check your connection. However I was unable to locate your account. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I can look into this further.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos