Menu
Schu32
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box freezing

a couple of months ago, I had my Tivo box replaced with a supposedly new box because my old one had hard Drive failure and it kept freezing on recorded programs / films.

This new box is worse, it freezes during playback of anything recorded, it pixelates.
When trying to select something recorded to watch it always goes slow and has a small loading circle ( my old box never did this).

If I rewind live tv, it freezes, then the box reboots, when it reboots it take anywhere between 3 and 10 minutes to come back on, if I pause live tv and try to fast forward through adverts it freezes.

Is it possible to have 2 dud boxes in a few months ?

Dunno how much more of this nonsense I can take.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box freezing

Hi Schu32,

Thank you for your message, it's good to see you here again.

I'm sorry that the second box has been showing the similar issues, it's something I would like to help with.

I have noticed it's been a few days since you popped a message to us, is this still on going? I have tested the hard drive and you will need an engineer to either repair or replace the TiVo. If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Keep in touch and thank you.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos