cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo box continually rebooting

colllie
Tuning in

Hello,

Since this afternoon my Tivo box has started rebooting itself continually.  It shows the welcome screen and then waits for a bit and then reboots itself.  I have checked all cables to make sure they are secure.

I couldn't seem to find a way as reporting this as a fault.  How do you do this?

Many thanks

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Fault reporting is on 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Staff do frequent these boards if you don't mind waiting a couple of days. Bear in mind the likely delay for a tech visit, if this is your only source of Christmas TV.

Faulty TiVo's are now replaced with V6 as a matter of course, providing you have VM home broadband. Same TiVo software but on a much newer, quicker box with more recording tuners.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

colllie
Tuning in

I thought it was a "V6" Tivo box - https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/virgin-media-launches-4k-v6-9364026 

It looks like its trying to download something by showing a slowly filling downward arrow, restarting and then showing the welcome screen.  It then does the same loop again.

colllie
Tuning in

This url is just hanging when its trying to diagnose the fault.   

https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/tv/tv-faults/diagnostics/C0A_V6/error 

It goes through all the stages and then just shows the virgin infinity symbol. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've posted in the TiVo forum so I presumed that's what you had.

Check at https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

There is another course of action available if you have a V6

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

colllie
Tuning in

I got through to customer support.  After further diagnosis they are sending me a replacement box.

Thank you for your help

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Glad you got an outcome. As mentioned - if you have a V6, you can potentially recover the box yourself..

Try turning off the V6 at switch; then on the V6 box hold down both the power button and the +button at the same time. Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds. The box should reboot, the power button should turn blue, and it should reset and boot up normally.

colllie
Tuning in

Thank you; I've just tried that and it didn't work.  The button didn't turn blue.   

Hi colllie

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV set top box. After following the steps kindly provided by japitts it sounds like we'll need to arrange for a replacement to be sent out to you.

I've dropped you a PM so I can help you further with this.

Beth