Menu
simonmerry
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Tivo and connection box replacement

Hi, 

I have just joined you from Sky and experience a loud drumming sound from the Tivo box. I have read elsewhere in this forum that it is common and may be reduced with some sort of insulation but that cannot be correct, can it?

Secondly, the installation engineer arranged for an old connection box (from a previous Virgin service) on the exterior wall to be upgraded with a new one but this has not been completed.

I am afraid I have not been able to locate your customer service number to speak to someone.

Thanks

Simon

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo and connection box replacement

Hi simonmerry,

Welcome to the community and it's great to have you as our customer Smiley Happy

I am sorry to hear that no one has been in touch about the exterior box.  I'll be happy to help get this sorted for you. 

In relation to the drumming sound, is this coming from the box itself or through the speakers in your TV/Audio equipment?  

If it's coming from the box directly and it is sat on a hard surface, placing small felt/foam cushion under the feet of the box can reduce the sounds of the drumming you describe.  

If it's coming through audio equipment, then the best thing to do is check the leads are secure and not loose.

In regards to the external box being repaired, I will send you a private message with further details.

(Look for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos