Menu
mattygg
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Settings/New box

Hi all,

I have been looking through the forum and couldn't seem to find an answer so I thought I would ask.

I have not long signed up to Virgin, and the TiVo box is incredibly slow when navigating menus and loads Netflix/YouTube etc. I'm aware that pretty much everyone on the forum is having the same problems. This has been happening for a couple of months now so its not just a one off

However I was looking on here and some people have said that sometimes the box isn't getting the full 10mb from its dedicated cable line and this is sometimes an easy fix for some of the problems.

I have been into the settings page for the box and although there are loads of numbers etc none of them appear to me to show connection speed.

I was wondering if anyone has a guide or knowledge to what (in an ideal world) all of my settings should read.

Also secondly, are there more than one virgin box available, and if so, how can I go about requesting a new one.

And lastly, are there any plans for releasing either a new firmware, or new box anytime soon.

Thanks for any help

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Settings/New box

Hey Mattygg,

Welcome back to the Community and thank you for popping in a post about your experiences Smiley Happy

I would love to take a closer look into hiccups on the slowness of the TiVo you've been experiencing. I'd like to help but would need some additional information to access your account and run some preliminary checks. . 

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos