Menu
jujucocoabean
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Netflix and other Issues

Hello

I had a Tivo since I first heard Virgin were doing them in 2010 - indeed, that's also why they are my broadband supplier.

For quite a while I had been suffering from buffering issues as well as recordings being stuttering while being played (usually 5-10 seconds of playback followed by 15-20 seconds of still video and compression effects - this would go on for perhaps 2 or 3 minutes of video time). 

As soon as I found out there was a new Tivo to this 6 year old box, I got one installed. It's much better. It stopped me cancelling all my Virgin Media services, though I don't really feel I should have had to pay for it, but without a previous ticket to back that up that's up to me. When it was installed, though, I didn't get a new remote.. the old one works at 6 years old and I can use the iOS/Android app as a remote (like the old Tivo). Not getting a new remote made it feel like a cost cutting exercise which doesn't make me feel like the loyal customer I have been.

However, the Netflix app fails to load saying "it's still loading, please try later" (or words to that effect). This isn't a show stopper for me as having had Netflix issues for months I've worked around it, but it would be nice to use one device.

I could reboot the Tivo but I dont think that would help.

Additionally, I'd like to be able to link it to my Netflix account. Is that possible?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Netflix and other Issues

Hello jujucocoabean,

Thanks for letting us know about this on the community.

I have located your account and I can see there is a known issue where you may not be able to connect to Netflix at the moment (Ticket number F005057241)

You should be able to find any updates or estimated fix times here and once it's up and running again you will be able to sign in using your original Netflix account details.

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos