Menu
Sarahkn
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TiVo won't turn on

Hi, I realise this is a common problem but having searched and tried the solutions online so far without success I just wondered if anyone on here might have any additional info.

Last Saturday night the TiVo wouldn't turn on-ie no picture at all, and was making a kind of spinny noise, like a computer does when hard drive fails.

Tried both soft and hard reset using the remote and front of the box but no joy-just blackness and a single green light on the TiVo after both attempts. Used the online service to check if a fault in my area (20), and no. Used online service to check if a fault with my equipment, and the automated service said no. But still no picture!

I went on holiday the Sunday after, but had to leave before the contact centre opened so was unable to log any issue with virgin by phone. I am concerned that none of my programmes will have recorded and plus, since it's so close to Xmas when I return, that I will struggle to get an engineer visit booked.

Is there a way I can get in touch with Virgin to check the equipment again or arrange an engineer visit from abroad that doesn't involve using the phone?

I don't have cash to call from abroad... Any help or advice would be very gratefully received, as I'm a newbie on here. Thanks in advance! And festive greetings to all! Sarah
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo won't turn on

Hi Sarahkn,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your TV service isn't working for oyu right now.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

I wasn't able to locate your account details, I will send you a private message requesting further details so I can look this over.

(Look for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos