Menu
smokie
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TiVo stuttering

When watching live TV, or recordings, sometimes the program stops, stutters or jumps. It can stop for quite a few seconds, then jump a little, then stop then jump and do this a few times (sometimes with an overall time of 10 seconds, sometimes maybe 5 minutes) then play as normal.

Seems that it is in the recording, as replaying the same program always gets the same problem.

I previously had this problem and Virgin replaced the box. This is massively inconvenient as Virgin didn't tell me how to back up season passes, or settings and all recordings were lost. The problem started occurring again pretty quickly. However we can sometimes watch hours of TV without an issue, so it is not always a problem.

I can't find any other users reporting this so I'm thinking maybe it is something to do with a connection to the box. It has the cable internet inbound, is connected to the TV via HDMI and I use the SCART out into a converter to normal RF to feed a TV elsewhere in the house.

Any thoughts anyone has would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo stuttering

Hi smokie,

A warm welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that yo're getting picture disruption on your channels.  I'll be happy to have a look at this for you.

I have taken a look at your box remotely and and there are some errors that will be causing this fault.  I will arrange for an engineer to call round for you and get this fixed.

I will send the details in a private message, look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos