Menu
vickigilmore
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TiVo recordings freezing

This has been happening for a few months.  I phoned Virgin Media and was told that if I cancelled my series links then set them up again, this would fix the problem.  It hasn't.

If it's a problem with the hard drive (as suggested in other posts I've read) does this mean all our recordings will be lost if it has to be repaired or replaced?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo recordings freezing

Hi vickigilmore

Welcome to the community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo service at the moment. 

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box from our end for you, we're not detecting any obvious issues from our end but as you've been experiencing the issue for a few months, I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to take a closer look.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

To answer your question regarding the hard drive, if there's an issue with the hard drive then the box would need to be replaced so you would love your current recordings unfortunately. You can save and copy your TiVo settings to any new box, but the recorded content wouldn't transfer.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos