Menu
Mickthegrump
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo recordings freezing

TiVo recordings pixelated and freezing any ideas on what causes it, have stopped recording on hd but still happening, any ideas??

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo recordings freezing

Unfortunately it's probably your hard drive dying. You could try turning the TiVo on then off but you might need an engineer. 

G4DDS
Rising star
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As Parrotperson said it sounds like the hard drive if pictures are freezing but the next time it does this have a quick look in the diagnostics menu and check out the RS errors for each of the three tuners. These should be 0 - if they aren't then it could be a signal issue.

Does it only happen when watching a recording (or in delay TV) or is it affecting Live TV as well?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Mikthegrump, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing an issue with your recordings.

As Parrotperson and G4DDS have said, it certainly does sound like an issue with the hard drive, and the testing I've just done also suggests this. So we'd need to look towards getting a technician out to investigate further for you. 

I've sent you a private message so we can get moving with this. Please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos