Menu
cottrell2909
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

TiVo really slow since upgrade June 2016

I've noticed my TiVo working really slow recently. It all started when we got a number of new functions so I presume the software was upgraded.

It takes ages to get into the TV guide and planned recordings and when you select a recorded show to watch it takes ages to come up.

I've cleared some rubbish off the disk (but it's never over about 75% TBH), re booted and it still slow.

Any ideas??!!!

Helpful Answers
fizz
Up to speed
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo really slow since upgrade June 2016

mine too and looks perfectly OK. Engineer came out and I am trailing something. Out of interest has your TiVo got a card in the back?

fizz
Up to speed
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Exactly no they don't but the engineer said that with the new software there appears to be an issue with the card being in causing some sort of conflict and slowing boxes down. Hence mine has been removed and so far fingers crossed it is not slowing down.

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi cottrell2909

I'm so sorry to hear about the problems with your TiVo service at the moment, it's not something we want any of our customers to experience so massive apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I'd like to take a closer look at this but I've not been able to accurately locate your account using your forum information. So I'm able to take a closer look, would you be able to respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
fizz
Up to speed
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

mine too and looks perfectly OK. Engineer came out and I am trailing something. Out of interest has your TiVo got a card in the back?

fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Unless I am wrong, Tivo's no longer need smart cards to show channels
0 Kudos
fizz
Up to speed
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Exactly no they don't but the engineer said that with the new software there appears to be an issue with the card being in causing some sort of conflict and slowing boxes down. Hence mine has been removed and so far fingers crossed it is not slowing down.

jcayley
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have two TiVo boxes, both slow after software update. Removing the smart cards and rebooting the boxes as mentioned in this post dramatically increased the speed of the menus 

0 Kudos
cottrell2909
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

fizz wrote:

Hi Fizz and yes it DOES have a card in the back (I didn't know about that.)

I've just pulled the card out and am trying a reboot. Will let you know how I get on.

Tim.

0 Kudos
cottrell2909
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

cottrell2909 wrote:

fizz wrote:

Hi Fizz and yes it DOES have a card in the back (I didn't know about that.)

I've just pulled the card out and am trying a reboot. Will let you know how I get on.

Tim.

Fizz, Initial thoughts are WOW! Much quicker. Like a magic fix.

Peeps, if you're having this problem, try taking the card out the back of your box, reboot (try a full reboot by holding power down on front of TiVo until lights blink). Worked for me.

0 Kudos
jnoble100
Dialled in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

What was the software update meant to do?  Fixes?  Better performance?

0 Kudos
cottrell2909
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

God knows. By the way it's performing i'd say Sky wrote it!! ;-)))

0 Kudos