Menu
HB_TiVo
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 51
Flag for a moderator

TiVo not recording when in standby - and it's so S L O W too

Firstly, the main problem we seem to be having in the last week or so is that pretty much every time we set a recording (both series link and one offs) if they are running when the box is in standby they don't record. Last night the Wimbledon highlights for instance - AHHH! However, occasionally the programmes do record?

If you turn the box on at the time that the show should be recording then once the box has started up so does the recording??

Any ideas, I've tried restarting the box and setting up a test recording to run whilst in standby but same problem. For now we will just have to leave the box on all the time.

Secondly,  I'll also mention the slowness of our TiVo box - since the last software changes I appears that we too have a very slow service when picking a recording from our pre-recorded shows - it seems to take an age to start playing. I think I saw mentioned that you can remove the card from the back of the TiVo box and re-boot and may try that so long as it's not going to mess up any settings.

Any suggestions?

Jonbcooper21
Joining in
Message 2 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo not recording when in standby - and it's so S L O W too

I've got the exact same problem! - only happened in the last week.

Hopefully there is a reason and can be easily sorted....
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
lestergit
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 51
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem, very annoying. Is it possible to stop the TiVo box from going into standby?

0 Kudos
Jonbcooper21
Joining in
Message 4 of 51
Flag for a moderator

I've called virgin and it's a fault from the system upgrade.

They are resolving it and an new upgrade will be shortly.

In the meantime you can turn the 'snooze' off and keep the system from entering standby....

Home- help&settings- settings- devices-pier saving settings.
HB_TiVo
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this, glad that it's being looked into but annoying none the less, we've missed a few recordings until we realised what was happening, Tivo is now left on permanently.

0 Kudos
lestergit
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 51
Flag for a moderator

This does beg three questions of Virgin Media:

1. When will this fix be rolled out?

2. How will we know if our box has been upgraded, and we can go back to power saving mode?

3. Why haven't VM made this issue more widely known, so that other customers do not get frustrated with missed recordings?

Hopefully someone from VM is monitoring this Smiley LOL

bobbydriver
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 51
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue - so what they are saying is that I hav to force the box to stay on ALL THE TIME, and not go into standby mode when not used. So using MY electricity to fix THEIR issue with their software?

When will this be fixed?

0 Kudos
walrusman
Joining in
Message 8 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Same thing happening to me. No Tour de France highlights recorded on Monday night, then Tuesday and Wednesday, it started recording only when switched on (i.e. leaving Standby mode).

Clearly this is a software update issue, very poor that VM are not telling everyone about this problem, as it completely breaks TiVo functionality.

Shockingly bad. Needs fixing immediately.

ukbirdflu
Tuning in
Message 9 of 51
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem and I found this thread. I rebooted the Tivo by pulling the power cord, when it came back on, the problem appeared to have been solved, did a few test recording, a few series link recording, turned the Tivo to standby and it recorded what I wanted.

0 Kudos
ukbirdflu
Tuning in
Message 10 of 51
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to get anybody's hope up, I tested it again last night and all scheduled recordings have failed !!!

0 Kudos