Menu
Tivo_rumble
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TiVo noise

I've been with virgin media for about six weeks and already had one TiVo box replaced due to the knocking sound that is clearly audible above the television . The new one I've been given makes exactly the same noise . When I phoned customer services I was greeted with astonishment as that never heard of such things and yet I've just come on the posts to see there are plenty of references to the problem . It's driving me crazy . What should I do ? I changed to virgin media when we moved house having previously been with Sky and I wish I hadn't changed now . When my daughter came round this evening she thought it was the bass music Being played loud next door. .
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo noise

Hi Tivo_rumble,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to visit us with your issue.

The TiVo can sometimes make some noise as there are moving parts but this shouldn't be louder than the TV and also not dropping like some bass! I can imagine it's not the best when you're just about to tuck into your favourite show.

I've done some preliminary checks on the box and it's not showing any errors.

With that done I'd like to have an engineer come out and look at the box to eliminate any issues that may be affecting this that i'm not able to determine here. I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little red envelope near the top left of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos