Menu
The_IMF
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TiVo making clicking noise and won't turn on

After my first TiVo box green screened, Virgin sent me a replacement box which is a pain to set up all over again. You lose all your recorded programs and all your series links. The issue occurred on a Friday so I didn't get a replacement box until Tuesday. Around 84 hours were lost with no TV service for me at the time. I didn't mind that too much as the box was 5.5 years old so I guess that's not a bad amount of time for it to last!

The new box arrived 2 weeks ago and it took Virgin a few hours of faffing about when I called them several times to finally get the box running and then it took me several hours to set up my series links all over again.

It's not a new box anyway as it's a Cisco box so I believe it's refurbished as Virgin use Samsung boxes now I believe.

What happens with this box is the screen says "Starting Up" and then turns itself off in a loop. No sound from the box. If I turn it off and on at the mains, I can hear the hard drive making that clicking noise that dead hard drives make for a few minutes before the loop starts again.

Is my TiVo toast already? I have an engineer booked and coming round at the totally inconvenient time of 12-4 on a Saturday but am highly annoyed at the prospect of having to set up a Tivo box all over again.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo making clicking noise and won't turn on

Hello The_IMF,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your replacement TiVo®, I can see you have reported this on another post which I have replied to but after reading this post I can see now that you have a technician booked for Saturday.

Please let me know how you get on or if you have any further queries and I'll look into it for you.

Take care

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos