Menu
Mortyfied
Settling in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box slow menus, on demand and IPlayer buffering.

having recently been told that my Virgin bill is going up another £4.00 per month for services I haven't asked for. Football channels etc. I feel it is time I aired my unhappiness with the TV service. Currently I have the XL service. The problems I have are mainly to do with accessing the various services such as on demand and even my saved recordings. It is so slow to navigate and quite a lot of the Time the on demand content plays up. On top of this BBC IPlayer continuously buffers making it impossible to watch programs. Anyone one got any ideas. Been happy with Virgin over the years and don't really want to move to anything else but having seen the response time and more intuitive menus on other systems it's time to start considering a move. 

Anyone else having these issues or is there some sort of resolution out there?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box slow menus, on demand and IPlayer buffering.

Hi Mortyfied,

A warm welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing slow performance with the TiVo® service.  I'll be happy to have a look at this for you.

I have carried out some checks with the box remotely, currently all is looking fine with the signal and power levels.  When I Iook at the network side of things all looks good there too.

There's a couple of other things I'd like to rule out if that's ok?  Can you please let me know if you get the same response time when using the buttons on the front of the box itself?  This will help rule out a faulty remote control.

If you reboot the box will there be an immediate improvement?

One last question, will this happen at specific times of the day or will this be all the time?

If you can let me know how you get on, I'm here to help.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos