Menu
moirabrown
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box crashes, gets stuck on boot up?

Help needed please. So for quite a while now my TiVo box has been an absolute joke. I'll switch on the TV itself to find my TiVo picture is there (from the box) but frozen. No problem (I guess), so I just do the old switch off/on trick to sort it. Only now the box just gets stuck on a loop of 'Starting Up' boots, accompanied by flashing red (sometimes blue) lights all across the front of the box. After waiting a while, I try and switch it off and on again and eventually, maybe the 6th or 7th try, the box turns on. However it's ALWAYS only for around 15 minutes until it freezes again. I've tried the phone helpline to be told it's my cable or my viewing card not in right. All cables are reset and tight as can be and the viewing card is the same. It's been that long, that my box can't show information for the TV guide! So I try to connect to the network service to download it's updates and sure enough, after around half an hour, it crashes, again! I'm really just fed up now. I'm not sure if it's a hardware fault or? Please help?!
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box crashes, gets stuck on boot up?

Your box is dying. And needs replacing. The only way to do that I'm afraid is report it again and get an engineer booked. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box crashes, gets stuck on boot up?

Hi moirabrown

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo service at the moment. 

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box for you, we're detecting some problems at the moment and I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look if you're available? 

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, you can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos