Menu
kam325i
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Box OPT Status......

Ok, just got a new Tivo box, was using a V+hd box......

and while going thru the Tivo settings, I have noticed a "Opt Status = Opt in" setting.

What is this setting and what have I been "opted into" without being asked ??????

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Box OPT Status......

Where is this in the settings, I don't ever remember seeing this

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Box OPT Status......

It's not a setting you can change - I believe I have seen it on the system info screen.

I assumed it was to do with the part of the TiVo T&C's where it states there is certain data (viewing habits etc.) that will be collected by VM. I assume it's just lets you know the current status of this feature.

T&C's:

Information about your TiVo use: By having the and/or using the TiVo service you give us your consent to use your viewing information to personalise your TiVo experience (in addition to the other purposes set out in our privacy policy). We may share this information with third parties in an aggregated form. This will not personally identify you. This aggregated data may be used by those third parties for marketing purposes. TiVo, WishList and the Thumbs Up logo and the Thumbs Down logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of TiVo Inc. and its subsidiaries worldwide.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos